We would like to send a big THANK YOU to HOLLY over at Mrs. Ehle's kindergarten for nominating us for a Liebster Award! This just made our day! There was lots of WooHooin' on the phone when we saw it. As new bloggers, it just makes our day when we see a new follower or receive words of encouragement from other bloggers and this award just feels like a hug from a friend.
|Holly is just the cutest kindergarten teacher and her blog is fabulous so head over there and meet her!|
1. We teach in a town voted "America's Coolest Small Town" and have been grade level partners for 5 years. we are also lucky to have two other amazing first grade teachers on our team! :D
2. We compulsively clean our classrooms when the kids leave so there is not clutter in the morning. We were both very excited to find that there was someone else that didn't think this was at all obsessive compulsive.
3. We both enjoy watching corny movies like Goonies and Office Space and often quote them when we get tired and silly.
4. We change our bulletin boards a lot. Erin pretends to hate it, but I know she secretly loves it. :D
5. Erin is a planner and I come up with my best ideas in the shower while I am getting ready for school. (Erin is a good sport about it though and will roll with it when I show up in her room first thing in the morning with my latest idea.)
6. We are both getting a masters in classroom technology and neither one of us has a Facebook account and we can barely work our iPhones!
7. We are both Steelers fans as are our parents and siblings, but both of us married fans of other teams (Dolphins and Cowboys) and have not been disowned. :D
8. We are both helping to write our district's new Language Arts Curriculum. While taking part in this planning, Erin has taught me the joy of binder organization! :D
9. We LOVE picture books and both spend more money than we should on new books for our classrooms. Two of our favorite authors are Chris Van Dusen and Robert Munsch
10. We love our SMARTboards and spend lots of time coming up with lessons to use with them.
11. We laugh more than most, but that is because we truly enjoy our jobs and the people we we work with. (Not at all because we are off our nut!) :D
...and that is a little bit about us! We hope you will get to know us well as we continue our blog.
One of the other requirements of the award is that we nominate other new blogs (Under 200 followers) that we think you all should go a check out!
Although these blogs have already received nominations, we would like to put them on our list because we think they are great and you should pay them a visit!